Powder coating is a coating that is applied as a free-flowing dry powder. Applying powder coating to your alloy wheels is one of the most effective ways to customize your vehicle and enhance its value. The best results are obtained by powder coaters who recognize that preparation is the most critical part of the process and apply the most stringent pre-treatment procedures.
When you powder coat your alloys with our Hitech Wheel Finishes powder coating service you can be sure to get a high quality, long lasting finish which is tough, durable, and more resistant to scratches, fading and chips than most finishes.
Below are just some of the key steps we take when working on your alloys:
- Alloy wheels are placed into our ultrasonic strip tank until all the previous coating is removed.
- Alloy wheels are then ultrasonically cleaned to eliminate any traces of the stripping process and then dried.
- Alloy wheels are then placed onto our conveyor system, the wheels are then base coated sealing up the alloy substrate.
- Alloy wheels then have the customer’s selected colour or customer company corporate colours applied.
- Alloy wheels are then given the final protection clear coat, this seals the previous coatings achieving an extremely tough bonded finish.
- Alloy wheels are then checked at our QC stage in accordance with our ISO 9000/9001 Quality control procedure once passed the wheels are then packed and sent for shipping.
Powder coating continues to rise in popularity over traditional liquid painting for alloy wheels. Below are the key factors that make powder coating superior to liquid paint when refinishing alloy wheels.
- Environmental considerations: Powder coating contains no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) or harmful chemicals which can be hazardous to the environment. Additionally, powder coating does not pollute the air or water.
- Bolder colors: Powder coating is specifically formulated to add color to wheels and metal. One of the primary reasons that vehicle owners seek wheel refurbishment is to achieve the desired color change. Powder coating’s ability to produce bolder, more vivid colors is a key advantage.
- Greater durability: The properties of powder coating produce a thicker, more durable layer of coverage than liquid paint. This enables powder coating to better endure wear and tear and resist wheel damage caused by rock chips.
- Faster production time: Eager vehicle owners and busy production staff can both enjoy the benefits of the faster production time offered by powder coating. When a powder coated alloy wheel is removed from the oven, the curing process typically takes only 20 minutes. Liquid paint curing, in contrast, can take days to cure.
- A reduction in waste: The powder coating process yields significantly less waste compared to the liquid painting process, which can produce wasteful overspray. Also, lost powder coatings can be reclaimed while paint lost during the liquid painting process cannot be reclaimed.
- Enhanced flexibility: Powder coating’s curing process promotes permanency and longevity while fostering flexibility. Once applied, powder coating can easily sustain the bending and vibration that accompanies regular road travel.
You can follow the process of your wheels using your name and unique asset tag number via our website, once we receive your order we will send you your login details where all the information will be stored.
Take advantage of the Hitech Wheel Finishes Powder Coating service. Our professional team delivers unmatched results that are difficult to discern from the more expensive option. Quick and affordable, Hitech Wheel Finishes is Ireland’s leading solution to making your alloys shine again.
Get a Competitive Powder Coating Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Quote
Our team is available now to answer your Powder Coating alloy wheel repairs questions and prepare a competitive quote to refurbish your beloved alloy wheels. We offer a full service for all of your alloy wheel repair and refurbishment needs. Call Us Now Today on (01)8216828 or E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org