Powder Coating Alloy Wheels
Powder coated wheels look great. Especially these days with the variety of powder coat colours available. Finishes include high and low gloss, clear or metallic with textures ranging from ultra smooth to a rough or wrinkled finish.
Powder coating your rims will deliver a high quality, long lasting finish which is tough, durable, and more resistant to scratches, fading and chips than most finishes.
Here at HitechWheelFinishes.ie we have developed a very customised approach, learned from our years of experience in the industry, which ensures we deliver a pristine, factory finish quality to every set of alloy wheels we refurbish.
Below is the steps we take when working on your alloys to ensure you get the result you desire:
- Alloy wheels are photographed and assigned a unique identification number (asset tag) this number contains all information about the wheels, the owners name, address, finish required, date of arrival, date of dispatch and the process that the alloy wheel has been put through, this asset number is your guarantee.
- Alloy wheels are then placed into our wash booth to remove break dust, road dirt and general grime that wheels gather in their day to day use.
- Alloy wheels are placed into our ultrasonic strip tank until all the previous coating is removed.
- Alloy wheels are then ultrasonically cleaned to eliminate any traces of the stripping process and then dried.
- Alloy wheels are checked for any damage including scuff marks, curb damage, chips etc and when required these marks will be removed using our specialist equipment.
- Alloy wheels are then degassed to remove any air bubbles encapsulated during the ultrasonic stripping process.
- Alloy wheels are then placed onto our conveyor system, the wheels are then base coated sealing up the alloy substrate.
- Alloy wheels then have the customer’s selected colour or customer company corporate colours applied.
- Alloy wheels are then inspected to insure no blemishes or inclusions is present.
- Alloy wheels are then given the final protection clear coat, this seals the previous coatings achieving an extremely tough bonded finish.
- Alloy wheels are then checked at our QC stage in accordance with our ISO 9001 Quality control procedure once passed the wheels are then packed and sent for shipping.
You can follow the process of your wheels using your name and unique asset tag number via our website, once we receive your order we will send you your login details where all the information will be stored.